Monday, March 17, 2008

St. Patrick's Day

My maternal Grandfather's family is from Ireland. I know my cousins have done some research on where, but I don't know. I really should check into that! Anyway, my mom was always very proud of her Irish heritage. She worked full time for many years prior to retiring, and always wore her green carnation and/or green scarf around her neck! We never had any traditional Irish meals, the closest we came was a boiled dinner; pork shoulder, cabbage, potatoes and carrots.

I was going to try to make a corned beef tonight, but was saved by Dave's parents. They invited us for corned beef, cabbage, and carrots. It was wonderful, especially since I didn't have to cook! It was topped off with Dad's famous homemade pineapple upside down cake. Delicious!

No comments: