Sunday, August 17, 2008

Port Washington




Port Washington has childhood memories for me. My mom and dad would load us kids into the car once or twice a year and take the hour long drive up to Port Washington to Smith Brothers to buy a box of smoked chubs! That was such a treat. As I have gotten older I have tried them again, while tasty, they are a bit oily for my taste. The buildings are not the same, but there is still a charm about going to places that you have childhood memories of.

This weekend was a Nautical Festival in Port Washington. There were 5 tall ships in port. They were available for tour. It was such a nice day for a motorcycle drive up there and back. We did treat ourselves to some ice cream before we made our trek back to Oconomowoc.




1 comment:

Jackie said...

That is so funny. When I was younger my mom and dad did the same thing. During the summer we would all pile into the car and head to Port Washington and get a box of smoked chub. We would head back home after walking along the shore area and fest on the fish. Every once in a while I will get a craving for the fish and head to Empire.