Sunday, April 6, 2008

Fort Worth

I love Fort Worth and the Stockyards! I get the true Western feel down there. I had been there many years ago when the kids were little. I enjoyed it just as much this time. There is a cowboy with his longhorn "parked" for visitors to see. I swear it is the same cowboy who was there all those years ago. We enjoyed the round up of the longhorns down the middle of town.



The weather was perfect for walking around, warm, but the sun wasn't out very bright.
Dave and I ate a beef brisket sandwich at Risky's BBQ in the stockyards. We shopped around all the shops. I found some little pink boots and a pink cowboy hat that I knew I had to get for Savannah. I decided to wait to buy them. But all week long all I could think about was those boots. We never saw them again in all the cities we visited so we made another stop back to the Stockyards on Friday before we left for home.

No comments: